Our ST20 product has been specifically designed for the ELD (Electronic Logging Device) ecosystem. It retrieves the vehicle information that is required by our ELD Compliance application partners through a direct connection to the vehicle with the appropriate harness (J1939/J1708). This required vehicle data is transmitted to the android device through the RS232 interface, which provides the data and charging connection.
FMCSA ELD regulation commitment
- Support Heavy Duty Vehicle Protocol – J1939 (250/500 kbps)/J1708
- Vehicle parameters passed through RS232 for ELD requirement:
- Vehicle ID Number (VIN), Vehicle Speed, Odometer, Engine Hour, Engine RPM
- ASCII text data format sent over RS232 that can be connected to an Android based tablets or smartphones.
- Support LED - Indicator of Operating Status (Active/Sleep)
- Support Sleep Mode to Protect Vehicle Battery
- Support wired connection for data and charging to android tablet (Single Cable)
- FMCSA ELD regulation commitment and enrollment
- Support Vehicle protocol : J1939, J1708 IS015765-4
|Housing Dimension||53.5(W) × 56(L) × 19(T) mm|
|Weight||32g (without event cable)|
|Power Consumption||Typical (3min. reporting) : 10mA @24V|
|Sleep mode : Approx. 1.0mA@24V|
|Operational Temperature Range||-30˚C ~ +80˚C|
|Power Supply||DC 8 V ~ 33 V, Main power +/- inversion protection|
|Electric Protection||Protection against ESD and overvoltage|
|5 pin connector||Output Power|
|1x Enable (Control on/off of 5 pin cable to save power.)|
|6 pin connector||J1708 +/-|
|Power Supply (e.g. +12V/+24V)|
|Interface||J1939, J1708, RS232|
|Connectivity||Output Vehicle data via RS232|
ST20U/ST20M (CAN Extension version)
This external device can be used for various applications with custom.
For any further information, please contact our sales representative.